Trademark Registration in Dubai
Trademark is important for companies doing business in Dubai as it helps distinguish a company's products from its competitors. The Trademark protection has been applicable in Dubai since 1992. A company can benefit from Trademark protection after it completes the Registration process.
A registered trademark enables a company to have complete ownership of the brand, logo, and name. It prevents competitors from copying or using it in an unauthorized manner. A trademark is typically a sign, logo, image, alphabet, or name. If anyone uses it without the trademark owner's permission, the company has a legal right to sue. The symbol "O" is used to represent the registered Trademark.
Process for Registering a Trademark
- Deciding on the nature of the Trademark is the first step for business setup in Dubai. Here, extensive research is required before finalizing a logo, image, or name. It is to ensure that there is no existing trademark as it will lead to copyright violation.
- The Trademark should be in sync with the product or services offered by the company.
- The trademark registration application along with relevant fees is to be submitted to the UAE Trademark Office.
- Any discrepancy highlighted by the authorities is to be sorted out by the business.
- The Trademark is registered and allotted in a time frame which is around 18 -24 months.
- Trademark registration is valid for ten years. After ten years, it needs renewal.
Documentation required for Trademark Registration in Dubai
The following documents are required to get a Trademark Registration and our PRO Services assist with all the processes.
- Application form
- Power of Attorney
- Business incorporation Certificate
- Applicants Identity proof
- Business description
- Trademark image or logo in colored and black and white and in soft copy
- Classification as per UAE Norms for Trademark registration
- Translation of words in the Trademark
Here are the Benefits;
- It protects brands, goods, and services.
- It helps to get registration in other overseas countries.
- Protects the brand worldwide when expanding operational activities globally.
- Safeguards a company's sale by preventing customer confusion.
- It provides legal authority to an organization in the UAE from fraudulence and personification.
- Legal ownership of goods and services.
- It can be used as collateral security to get loans from banks in Dubai. It is equivalent to immovable property.
Absher Business Consultancy helps get your company registered for Trademark with the UAE Ministry of Economy. As a professional consultancy firm, Absher offers all kinds of business setup services to assist clients. Fast and Easy, Absher Business Consultancy provides essential consultation and assistance on the protection and capitalization of properties.
Services offered by Absher: